Advanced Search

Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Chiang Mai Forum!

Visit the Chiang Mai Forum on facebook  https://www.facebook.com/chiangmainforum

Author Topic: Chiang Mai Golf options  (Read 560 times)

July 18, 2017, 02:30:40 AM
Read 560 times

bearwood

Chiang Mai Golf options
« on: July 18, 2017, 02:30:40 AM »
Hi,
My name is Victor from Nova Scotia, Canada. My wife and I have been in Chiang Mai several times over the last 10 years including 2 months last winter and love it. This year we plan on living in Chiang Mai from mid Dec to mid April. I will be bringing my golf clubs with the intention of playing 3 times a week or so as I do back home. My wife does not golf.
I will be 71 years old, recently retired with around a 20 handicap. I prefer walking if it is not too hot. I am retired, easy going, fairly liberal and optimistic in outlook.
I have done some research and see that there are several golf leagues/associations in the area. Unfortunately they all start at 8 or 9 in the morning and I have other activities that I prefer doing in the morning namely waking up, enjoying my breakfast, savouring my coffee, keeping up with current events, communicating with friends and humbly appreciating my good fortune to be in Chiang Mai doing this.
Would like to find a another golfer or golfers that prefer starting later in the day. Contact me if you do.

Another question. Is it worthwhile to get a membership at one of the clubs? I plan on renting a condo somewhere between the old city and Nimman neighborhood. Is it difficult to get out to the golf clubs from there? Uber was great last year. Is it still available as a cheap option for getting to the local golf courses as opposed to renting a car?
May have some other questions going forward. Appreciate any comments.
Cheers, Victor

August 09, 2017, 12:56:34 PM
Reply #1

admin

• Administrator

• Admin

• Mind-Body Thailand
Re: Chiang Mai Golf options
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »
Wed 9 Aug 2017, 12:46 pm

Hi Victor,

Sorry I didn't see your post until just now. I appreciate you joining in.  Welcome!

I have lived in Khon Kaen in the Northeast for many years, but Chiang Mai is one of my favorite places and I hope to move there some day.  If I could pick the whole place up and place it at the ocean, I would be in pig heaven!

I am sorry you didn't get any responses to your questions. The forum is pretty sleepy these days, unfortunately. I am not a golfer so can't really help with your questions, but you might try ThaiVisa.com, the BIG dog on the block.  There is a Chiang Mail section and you are likely to get more participation.  try https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/28-chiang-mai-forum/.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk