Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Chiang Mai Forum!

Visit the Chiang Mai Forum on facebook  https://www.facebook.com/chiangmainforum

Author Topic: Best form of transportation and getting around Chiang Mai  (Read 8985 times)

amelia88

Best form of transportation and getting around Chiang Mai
« on: July 13, 2015, 07:55:45 AM »
What would you recommend as the best form of transport for getting around Chiang Mai?

A few main factors that I would consider

- Cost
- Safety
- How many drop off or pick up locations there are
- Speed of getting from A to B

If anyone could point me in the right direction of what they think is best but also most cost effective that would be wonderful!

faith

Re: Best form of transportation and getting around Chiang Mai
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 12:47:08 AM »
How safe is it to get around as a pedestrian?  Obviously I don't anticipate it will be as organised as London with 'look left' and 'look right' on the floor at each crossing, but are the pavements adequate and are there plenty of pedestrian crossings?  I do like to walk as much as possible, but I don't want to put my life at risk from traffic! 

faith

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 11:03:00 PM »
If in doubt attach yourself to a Thai person heading in the same direction and you'll be good.

Can't believe I didn't think of that!  Thanks for the advice - I wanted to ask because I've been to places where there is literally no option but to walk on the side of the road next to crazy traffic and even though I try to keep my wits about me, I always feel unsafe. 

wdb2021

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 11:54:20 AM »
Taxi are the safest, but there are quite a few. I recommend looking for a rental car.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk