Advanced Search

Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Chiang Mai Forum!

Visit the Chiang Mai Forum on facebook  https://www.facebook.com/chiangmainforum

Author Topic: Jogging routes?  (Read 7182 times)

November 30, 2015, 12:51:53 AM
Read 7182 times

faith

Jogging routes?
« on: November 30, 2015, 12:51:53 AM »
I just wondered whether there are any jogging routes around Chiang Mai?  I'm a bit obsessive over my fitness and get edgy if I go a day or two without a run, but don't want to just set off and hope for the best.  I'm ideally looking for a 5-8k circuit route if possible.  Thanks!

November 30, 2015, 04:02:11 PM
Reply #1

Bigelow

• Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Re: Jogging routes?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 04:02:11 PM »
Hiya Faith!

There are MANY jogging places in CM.  Here is something about them:

http://www.walkjogrun.net/running-routes/Thailand/Chiang%20Mai

The square one on the map is the "moat."  That's right, the old part of CM is surrounded by a real moat!  It's is park-like and beautiful as well, a really nice place to jog or just walk around.  Unfortunately, it makes the traffic in the city center a real mess as you have to know whether something is inside or outside the moat (which only has a few entrances) and plan  your trip accordingly. 

Personally, Bigelow only jogs when he is being pursued by vicious animals or is chasing a pretty girl!   But to each their own!

December 03, 2015, 11:07:05 PM
Reply #2

faith

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 11:07:05 PM »
Bigelow - thanks, that is EXACTLY the kind of thing I was looking for!  Believe me when I tell you that I'm not one of those people who loves running and gets that mythical 'runner's high' every time I go out...even after years of doing it, I only enjoy it 50% of the time (if that).  Having something interesting to look at (like in that picture) makes it way more tolerable. ;)

December 04, 2015, 07:51:07 PM
Reply #3

Bigelow

• Start every day with a smile and get it over with

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »
I was never much into running (except when being chased by a rabid animal with evil intent for me!)

I do cycle almost every day and enjoy it, also play Shibashi QiGong to help counteract all the time I spend sitting in front of a pc.  However, I never, ever, ever got anything remotely resembling a "runners high" or anything like that. However, my life is better when I stick to a program.

Yes, the photo is of the moat.  It's really nice, isn't it?  Chiang Mai is my favorite place (city) in Thailand.